Edtech-challenges can deliver professional development to anywhere in the world that has an internet connection that can accept video streaming.
Services for teachers offered:
- Digital Skills for Teachers Course
- iPad Training
- Webinars on specific topics:
- What can eLearning do for your institution?
- Best online games to increase student engagement.
- Google Apps - a complete educational ecosystem.
- Other services tailored to specific school requests - just ask!
The webinars offered will be delivered by Zoom video conferencing technology, not by Skype. Zoom offers world leading web conferencing technology.
Face 2 Face training
Teachers can try to keep up with the latest developments but most don't have the time or inclination to try the latest innovation that arrives via emails or colleague suggestions. Little gets past their filters.
Can your staff name these 4 iPad apps?
In my experience, teachers are most receptive to new ideas if they are given a time away from their offices and constant interruptions, and provided with a quiet venue elsewhere in the school where they can relax with a cup of coffee or tea and a biscuit and be engaged in a workshop tailored to their needs.
If schools can provide the venue, I can provide the workshop. Digital skills training with a human face :)
The founder of edtech-challenges is Alan Pollock.
Alan's professional experience as an educational technologist
- has been working as an educational technologist since 2002, appointed as the CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning) Co-ordinator at a university in the Middle East whilst also teaching in the classroom
- took a leading role in training teachers in the iPad-only initiative at a college in the United Arab Emirates
- has delivered over 400 professional development sessions since 2006
- presented 20 workshops on using technology in the classroom at conferences
- co-designer of Digital Media Course for students and teachers
Alan's teaching experience
- has taught English as a Foreign Language, at universities and language schools in Western Australia and abroad
- has also taught Social Studies, History, and Biology in high schools in Western Australia and abroad
- has been a teacher trainer, Director of Studies and Deputy Headmaster.